FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge UK - how do you use them?
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2021, 3:45 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mjp282
I think, now, you are quite right.

The shame for me, is that I do seem to recall a 'better time', when I felt like the service actually added some significant value, but certainly over the past 18 months or so, not only has the scope of service seemingly closed, the general aptitude or desire to help, seems to have significantly diminished! I cannot seem to engage anyone to assist me or to add any 'Amex Magic' to my requests.
About 20 years ago I asked UK Platinum concierge to organise tickets to the Musikverein in Vienna that evening. It was a spontaneous trip and I was at the airport and just didn’t have the time. When I got to the hotel there was a voicemail message from Amex about how they had tried but really couldn’t get anything for me, they thought it was sold out but weren’t really sure because the website was in German and they didn’t really understand. But thank you for being a card member. I asked the concierge who 15 minutes later told me tickets were waiting for me to pick up at the entrance.

Last year I asked my Centurion RM to organise a private Rhein tour of several vineyards with our own boat, for about 8 people. A day later I received some links to local ferry companies. In fairness she is good in booking hotels and making sure the GM acts like the store manager in Pretty Woman, but it’s a service I don’t value a great deal.