FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appealing GE denial for marijuana use?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:39 pm
1KChinito

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Monocotman
My experience has been something out of the ordinary. I am a 61 year old retired police officer. Where at 56 I was diagnosed with a rare muscle disease. I was advised by my physician to acquire a marijuana card so that I could use it to help with the muscle and joint pain that I have on a daily basis. I had already acquired a global entry card 3 years prior to my getting the marijuana card. Apparently CBP have the capability of receiving information on anyone that has a marijuana card, at least in Florida. Approximately 3 months after receiving my marijuana card I received a notice from CBP that my global entry was revoked. After making numerous attempts to acquire why I have still not received a direct answer. I do not meet any of the criteria for being denied that they list on their web page. So I figured that's got to be the only reason why I was denied. I sent emails and letters and to no avail I have still not received a direct answer other than we're sorry but you no longer meet the criteria. So it's either I live in pain to travel or I manage my pain and have to wait and long lines again to go through customs. I rather manage my pain thank you very much. Good luck to you all that have similar issues.
Welcome to FT.

For domestic travel, you can apply for TSA PreCheck, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...on-thread.html, many credit card companies reimburse TSA or Global Entry application fee once every four years.

For international travel when returning to the U.S., you can use Mobile Passport US CBP Mobile Passport Control App (MPC), if available.