FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge UK - how do you use them?
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:02 am
mjp282

Amex Platinum (personal UK) 'concierge'

Hi there everyone

Does anyone have any information to help me better understand the Amex Platinum (personal) UK concierge service?

I've been a Platinum UK member for about 10 years and I seem to remember a time when I could call the concierge, with a fairly esoteric or difficult request - and it would just get sorted - very quickly.

However, particularly recently, even fairly basic requests for restaurants / entertainment / gifts and general requests, have been handled in a fairly surly / belligerent fashion and haven't yielded any results that I couldn't have gotten through spending 10 minutes Googling. I know the world remains in a crazy place (and anyone is welcome to tell me I am expecting too much) but I seem to remember a better time, when I could make a quick call, speak to someone super helpful and my request was always actioned.

Now, I have to plead with someone to engage with my request or even address the request and after a few hours wait, no-one seems able to help.

Has anyone else noticed the concierge service nosedive?
Is it outsourced?
Am I expecting too much?

It genuinely has been so useful to me in the past, that given its nosedive and the unhelpful staff I've spoken to, I am really re-considering whether the card is right for me and my business.

I'd love some thoughts from others!