FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons {US-VA}
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:50 am
QuantumMeruit

DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons {US-VA}

Surprised to see there wasn't a thread for this property; it was reflagged to a Doubletree in 2017. Apologies if I've missed a thread or am violating new-thread protocols.

In my travels I've stayed here a few times over the years, both as when it was a Crowne Plaza and after the reflag. The pros are that it has a great location if you have business in Tyson's -- it's right across the street from the malls and parking in the Before Times was a lot easier than some other places.

This past weekend, the DT was offering one of the lowest prices in the area from a full-service property, without going far off into the suburbs, like out by Dulles. However, the April 2021 service levels lag limited-service property offerings.

As HH Diamond, I received free parking (snagged a spot right outside the front door) and comp'd grab-and-go breakfast. There is a coffee machine and the front-desk clerk apologetically said he needed to charge me for the coffee. Note, the on-property restaurant is open for dinner during the weekdays, so providing this level of service is a choice.

This is a sprawling property and I do love the murals (old Virginia maps) in the rooms. It's a Doubletree with character! I did not receive a discernible upgrade, nor was one available when I asked at check-in.