FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old 738 Last Night
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2021, 1:16 pm
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by TurfGuy
The photo is from my flight last night, #1572 - BOS/FLL. It's been quite a while since I've seen screen this small in F. I'm guessing Delta doesn't have long term plans for this non-updated 737-8.
Actually this is a newer 738 than those with the larger screens. Way back when when Delta rolled out AVOD to the 738 fleet they only did ~ half the fleet, the 73H fleet. These are/were the newest half of the fleet. (the rest of the 738s, that now have the bigger screens just had drop down monitors and were the older part of the fleet.)

as for the future, right now with a 3 billion dollar loss for Q1, nothing is getting done. There was talk pre-COVID of updating these planes as well as rolling out the pivot bins to the 738 fleet. The view at the time of rolling out the larger screens was that the 73H fleet has something so they focused on the planes that didn't have anything (Airbus) or were getting new configurations (75D/75H/753 fleet)

IIRC, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, I think the international 757-200s (exTW/AA/AM) have the small screens in the back, but they might of gotten larger screens when they got lie-flats. I honestly can't remember what they are like now days.