FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after having an assigned seat [Consolidated]
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:23 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Wife Separated From Me in Paid F

On a recent transcon, my wife and I were originally in seats 2E and 2F for our return flight. Everything was fine on the outbound, and we were only on a four-day turn, so I didn't check our return seat assignments until OLCI at 24 hours. When I did, I was still in 2E but my wife was in 5A. I called the 1K desk and they couldn't or wouldn't tell me what had happened and said they couldn't move my wife back to her original seat because F was sold-out. I asked the TA at physical check-in what had happened and got the same, "your seat assignment is not guaranteed" crap. I just wanted to know how the person sitting in 2F got their seat assignment and no one would tell me anything. I asked them if they would take a passenger's seat to accommodate a VIP or some such and they said that that wasn't possible. I thought it might be a FAM thing, but then I met the dude, decked-out in board shorts and a muscle shirt, and decided he wasn't a FAM because there was no place where he could've concealed a weapon.

Has anyone seen something like this before?