FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Carolina Inn Chapel Hill, NC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:13 pm
hp12c

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The Carolina Inn Chapel Hill, NC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Apologies if there’s already a thread on this hotel, but I couldn’t find it.

Great hotel. Checked in late, and the process was quick and incredibly friendly. Upgraded to queen suite on the third floor (reflected in the app prior to arriving). The hotel is historic, and the decor definitely reflects that. Not generally my favorite aesthetic, but I really enjoyed it here.

Rooms here are tight, but comfortable. All the modern conveniences that you want, all packaged in a historic look. The suite was neat - there’s a little entrance with a bench, a living room to the left, and bedroom/bath to the right.

The only wall light switches were in the entrance and the bath. All the lamps in the living room and bedroom have their own on-lamp switches, since there are no ceiling lights or sconces. The bathroom was, like the other rooms, small but functional and comfortable. Plenty of towels, nice Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, and good lighting and water pressure.

The bed was comfortable, and for some reason I found the sheets to be exceptionally soft. Maybe it’s because I was coming off of a Hyatt House stay .

Breakfast was in the restaurant. Small menu but excellent quality and service. The charge was wiped off my folio without having to ask.

I’ve previously stayed at Rizzo Center, and while that’s a perfectly nice hotel as well, I think I now prefer Carolina Inn for the charm and great, friendly service. That being said, there’s no pool here, so if that matters then Rizzo obviously is the way to go.

Photos:

Entrance

Living room

Living room

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bathroom

Shower