FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:17 am
FFSaver

Originally Posted by YOWgary
The Multi City option on the website will treat this as two separate legs, even if you're only on the ground at ICN for an hour.

Do you not get the ICN-YYZ legs you're looking for if you search HAN-YYZ? Is there any particular reason you're detouring to LAX? For example, I'm seeing HAN-NRT-YYZ and HAN-IST-YYZ as 85K options on the dummy dates I searched.

If you're not getting the legs you want when searching as a one-way, but you know the space is available on the individual flights, you'll have to call in.

As for mixed-carrier pricing, it depends on several factors, but generally speaking any Air Canada segments whose points cost is above the baseline rate, will have any such additional points cost added, pro-rated to their proportion to the whole trip. I've got to go dig through my notes before I can provide an example of exactly how that math works.
Thanks for the reply YOWgary .

I omitted to say that I need 5 tickets so TK is not an option as they only seem to release 4 seats in J. In fact, my options are pretty limited for 5 pax for next March (2022).

Regarding the LAX stop, I think I searched using 4 pax and that's what it showed... using 5 pax and the search tool doesn't even show up... not a good example..

The reason I need to break it up is because (when searching for 5 pax) HAN-ICN only shows 4 in J and 4 in Y.

When I do a straight search HAN-YYZ (for 5), it gives me HAN-TPE-YVR-YYZ for 116.5K.

I found something weird with the new search engine:
ICN-NRT-YVR-YYZ in J (90% in J) for 87.8K
However, if I try to cut the ICN-NRT leg and start in NRT-YVR-YYZ, the cost jumps to 273.5K!!!!!!!

So pricing out the trip using segments, I have these options:
HAN-ICN: 30K in J and 15K in Y (4+1) on OZ
ICN-NRT -YVR-YYZ in J (90% in J) for 87.8K where ICN-NRT on OZ and rest on AC
or
HAN-ICN: 30K in J and 15K in Y (4+1) on OZ
ICN-LAX: 75K in J on OZ
LAX-YYZ: 55.9K in J on AC