FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA domestic federal / state / city Covid-19 travel restrictions & isolation measures
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:39 am
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IKDR
Sorry - I know this has been covered a lot, but I'm just trying to get it straight in my mind!
I'm UK based but US/UK dual citizen so can fly into the States, once I'm allowed to travel outside the UK (we're all barred from non essential travel till 17th May).
OH has annual leave end of May and we'd like to come out and finally visit friends/family and we're thinking of visiting the ones in Phoenix. Easiest/cheapest way for us to get out (we have some airline privilieges) is to fly into LAX and drive down - normally we either spend a night in Palm Springs or San Diego to make it a fun drive.
I'm aware that there is state quarantine in California. I can't work out if that's MANDATORY or ADVISORY. Yes we're leaving the state, but if we stayed overnight in either city on the way down, we WOULDN'T be leaving the state.
We'll only have had our first jab (there's a 12 week gap between jabs in the UK), and I don't want to be breaking US laws?
Here's a link to the latest update of the California travel advisory as of April 2. It seems to have been relaxed from must quarantine to should quarantine, so you're probably ok. The LA county one is here, and still says must quarantine for LA County.

(edit to fix link ref)

Last edited by chrisl137; Apr 12, 2021 at 2:44 am