FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2021, 9:42 pm
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by FFSaver
First-time booking on the new dynamic pricing. What will happen if there is a partner in the segment? Is the segment with the partner being priced as part of the total distance?

For example, HAN-ICN-YVR-YYZ

Using the multiple segments option, I select
* HAN-ICN = 30K in J
* ICN-LAX-YYZ = 85K (last segment in PY)
but the total comes to 126?????

Instead, can I just use the one-way option to find my segments? Is there a way to know what the price would be beforehand?
The Multi City option on the website will treat this as two separate legs, even if you're only on the ground at ICN for an hour.

Do you not get the ICN-YYZ legs you're looking for if you search HAN-YYZ? Is there any particular reason you're detouring to LAX? For example, I'm seeing HAN-NRT-YYZ and HAN-IST-YYZ as 85K options on the dummy dates I searched.

If you're not getting the legs you want when searching as a one-way, but you know the space is available on the individual flights, you'll have to call in.

As for mixed-carrier pricing, it depends on several factors, but generally speaking any Air Canada segments whose points cost is above the baseline rate, will have any such additional points cost added, pro-rated to their proportion to the whole trip. I've got to go dig through my notes before I can provide an example of exactly how that math works.

Last edited by YOWgary; Apr 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm