FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:56 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
It appears the renovations did nothing about the small rooms which is a real problem considering new hotels in China have nice large rooms.

I think your problems are mostly the result of booking via CTrip versus via Hyatt.com so your status was not recognized until front desk upgraded you, but not to high floor with view. As a Globalist, I would never have anyone else book a room at a Hyatt for me.

As a HR with a decent lounge and location,. the old hotel was nice. I would expect more from a GH.
The hotel was nice to upgrade me despite my friend booking via Ctrip. Many of the problems might have been averted. And the chef who was shockingly rude to me I was told was an intern who did not have his contract renewed and was on his last week.

But still, the rooms are not GH Asia level. Not at all. The new Hyatt builds in China are for the most part incredible. The ones built around 2000 are all falling apart, from this GH to Hyatt on the Bund

I can't recommend staying here. They can't fix low ceilings and Cramped rooms no matter how nice they are. I wouldn't go back even if they guaranteed me a suite - the suites are so small.

It's too bad as next year it'll be hard for me to requalify for Globalist unless borders open.

I've stayed almost all my nights this year in Park Hyatts. I guess I could just stay 60 nights a year at PH Suzhou which is just incredible.