FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:53 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, this made me wonder why an older hotel can be re-branded to the top flagship brand with a routine renovation. At most a well renovated hotel should go back to its existing brand, not to the very top very limited Grand Hyatt brand....
Exactly. This did not seem like a major renovation to me. It seemed more like a face lift of an old, lower end hotel that somehow became branded a higher end one. I'm not sure how Hyatt approved a rebrand.

The standard rooms at PH Suzhou seem to be larger than standard suites at GH Hangzhou. The ceilings were so low. I couldn't believe it.

The hotel reminded me of the old Great Wall Sheraton Beijing in terms of quality.

Next time I will stay at PH Hangzhou or Shangri-la or go out of Hyatt. There are too many excellent hotels in Hangzhou.

Even disregarding my personal bad experience, the rooms aren't good. Not at all.

The only thing hotel has going for it is location and excellent food (I ate lunch there and it was excellent)