FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Podcast with Ed Bastian CEO of Delta, April 2021
Old Apr 8, 2021, 5:47 pm
eneq

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
If you ask me DL is the worst I’ve seen it in 10 years of flying. Hold times are redonkulous (2.5hr last night for this DM...). Onboard service is abysmal right now (and not inline with the competition). I can live with those, but these operational meltdowns every holiday weekend are unacceptable. First one, ok maybe a mistake, but they’ve had at least 4 now over 6 months. And remember they’re not even close to running a full schedule and their flights are only 2/3s booked. Imagine how jammed the phones will be next month when they’re carrying ~50% more peeps heading into summer storm season. Fares are also high compared to comp (maybe this will change when allowing more pax).

Im going to give DL the rest of the year to see how they recover. I def prefer the 2019 DL over the comp. But, If it looks like RDU isn’t going to get P2P flights back, in flight service remains poor, and/or it looks like I won’t re-qual for status, I’m going to try a status match at UA and try them out.
I just recently relocated to DEN from ATL, so I’m waiting until July 1st to apply for a status match to UA. The few times I’ve flown on UA this year, service has been light years better.