FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge crowding: Platinum cardholders may pay $50/guest effective 2.1.2023
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:07 am
TravelingZoomer

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by antonius66
I am sorry but this is exactly the kind of stuff that to me is totally illogical. In what way does a cardmember's significant other or friend create any increased chance of ruining your experience compared to the cardmember themself? I have a card but my spouse does not. Why? Because frankly, like in most households, there is very little justification for each spouse to hold a platinum card and there is ZERO reason to believe because I got the card and they do not, that I won't disturb your experience but they will. Absurd. Children? Yes. Completely logical and justifiable argument for not allowing them. Not allowing 2, 3, + guests? Yes. Completely justifiable because you do not want people bringing in mobs to crowd the place. Arguing that a cardmember is special but allowing their spouse or adult friend they are traveling with in will create "ruin the experience" in frankly absurd. This whole, I expect my own private lounge because I have a mass market credit card is just nonsense.
They want you to pony up for an authorized user.

No one expects a private lounge, the only one saying that is you. It’s reasonable though to expect access upon entry for a membership you paid for