FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:23 am
retiredfromhilton

The Story Here is More or Less True Across the Board

Properties on or near beaches (and resorts generally) are taking every reservation they can, many at high room rates. Meanwhile, few have even half of their pre-pandemic staff. ‘Clean Stay’ is more of a hit than a miss.Hilton Guest Assistance is full of new cases in which the right stickers were in place, but guests are find hairs on the sheets,
unwashed toilets,’etc

Housekeeping generally leaves a lot to be desired. Hilton says you can get housekeeping every day, if you request it. Good luck if you do: and remember housekeepers will not enter the rooming you or any guest is in it.

Regardless of what you see on websites, etc be prepared for some amenities to be limited or unavailable - access to pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, gyms, valet parking, room service etc.

Even newer properties are learning that ‘mothballing’ half or more of their rooms took a huge toll on HVAC and plumbing maintenance, pest control, and general room conditions.

Bear in mind as well that the small number of staff who worked through the pandemic - most with no time off. Their tolerance for whining guests has never been lower. They know full well that hold times for guests calling the Diamond Desk hit 95 minutes on April 7.

And they look set to climb further. In any case, early in the pandemic Hilton decreed that hotels issue compensation or not. In any case, Hilton will now very, very rarely add compensation.

Personally, I will not stay at a Hilton more than 10 miles from home until at least October.
My previous work with Hilton’s gets me
access GM’a everywhere. They know that the whole matrix of standards are all but non existent and will remain so for monthS.