Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Old Oct 31, 02, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}

I am visiting the Hilton Clearwater Beach resort for a couple of days next month and was wondering if anyone had any recent stays there. Do they honor gold room upgrades and give breakfast coupons for you and a guest? Can someone comment on the resort fee they supposedly charge. Is it mandatory or optional? Do they charge for parking? Any other comments would be most welcome and appreciated. Thanks, Stan
Old Oct 31, 02, 5:08 am
Original Member

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=PIECBHF

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Oct 31, 02, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Stayed there in January on a Priceline reservation.

Nice room, on the side. I don't think it was an upgrade. Got 2x breakfast coupons as Gold. Parking around $5.

They charged a resort fee then, but this may have changed following the recent class action.

Walk through pool area to the beach. Nice.
Old Oct 31, 02, 5:16 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JAWS_II:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=PIECBHF
</font>
Well, I looked at the Hilton web site before booking, but it didn't answer any of the questions I had.....

Old Oct 31, 02, 5:19 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
They charged a resort fee then, but this may have changed following the recent class action.</font>
Was the legal action against this property, the Hilton Corporation or other?

Old Oct 31, 02, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
From memory, it was against the Hilton, Starwood and Marriott corporations and victims received a $10 coupon - I had one from Starwood, but not Hilton yet.

No doubt, US-based posters can advise, or you could try searches in the 3 forums.
Old Oct 31, 02, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Stayed at this hotel in early October. Received a room upgrade to a Deluxe ocean view as a Gold. Room was fine, but nothing to write home about. Was given cookies upon arrival and offered a choice of full buffet breakfast every day or two drink tickets. Took the breakfast and it was excellent. This is a fine property with a beautiful beach - though there isn't much going on in terms of restaurants or nightlife around it. Hope you have a car!

Forgot to mention - they still had the mandatory resort fee ($7.50/day) during my stay.

[This message has been edited by thecortex (edited 10-31-2002).]
Old Oct 31, 02, 8:05 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thecortex:
Stayed at this hotel in early October. Received a room upgrade to a Deluxe ocean view as a Gold. Room was fine, but nothing to write home about. Was given cookies upon arrival and offered a choice of full buffet breakfast every day or two drink tickets. Took the breakfast and it was excellent. This is a fine property with a beautiful beach - though there isn't much going on in terms of restaurants or nightlife around it. Hope you have a car!

Forgot to mention - they still had the mandatory resort fee ($7.50/day) during my stay.

[This message has been edited by thecortex (edited 10-31-2002).]
</font>
Hey thanks! I'm somewhat familiar with the area and will have a vehicle with me. Someone in a real old thread mentioned a parking fee. Did they hit you up for that? Stan
Old Oct 31, 02, 8:24 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
StanTheMan-

You can always call the hotel directly and they'll tell you about the parking fee.
Old Oct 31, 02, 8:34 am

Programs: DL, US
I stayed here on a priceline reservation during Labor Day weekend. I received cookies at check-in, breakfast for 2 each day, and 2 drink coupons, plus a room with an ocean view.
Old Oct 31, 02, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Read this recent thread about the Clearwater Hilton.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005713.html

There are mixed reviews about this Hilton, including a not-so-nice one by me. I thought the front desk personnel were fine - they upgraded me and give me the breakfast certs, even though I was on a travel agent booking barely above Priceline levels. There was too much drunkenness and too much police activity at this property for my tastes, but perhaps I simply got unlucky...
Old Oct 31, 02, 3:50 pm
Original Member

If you use the link I provided and then click on the "Transportation & Directions" link, the parking fee of $5 (self-park) and $8 (valet) is there.

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"

[This message has been edited by JAWS_II (edited 10-31-2002).]
Old Mar 30, 03, 9:51 am

Programs: COdbaUA free, WN A-List, AS MVP Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Checked into the Clearwater Beach FL Hilton on Friday 3/28. Unfortunately have to be here for a meeting... what a dump! This hotel is in dire need of a remodel. No upgrade for Diamond... did get breakfast coupons.
Old Mar 30, 03, 10:02 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA:
Checked into the Clearwater Beach FL Hilton on Friday 3/28. Unfortunately have to be here for a meeting... what a dump! This hotel is in dire need of a remodel. No upgrade for Diamond... did get breakfast coupons.</font>
Hey Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA - I started this thread and after staying there agree that the place is a little rough. Since you mentioned the breakfast coupons I thought I would just comment that the breakfast there is preety awesome. Probably the best free breakfast I have ever gotten from a Hilton. While there walk down the street to Frenchy's Cafe for a grouper sandwich. Yum-Yum!

http://www.frenchysonline.com/index.html

Stan

Old Sep 17, 03, 9:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

$89 - Beachfront Hilton on Florida's West Coast, thru Oct.

$89 - Beachfront Hilton on Florida's West Coast, thru Oct.

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=101113252

Source: Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort

Search this Thread
Search Engine: