FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much cabin crew intervention to expect re: masks
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:22 pm
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by milestraveler
How much help are AS cabin crews providing when other passengers won't mask?

My datapoint: on a transcon today, my seatmate had his mask off for over fifteen minutes while nursing a bag of chips plus countless other times and spent about half the flight with his nose hanging out. Cabin crew offered to move me but otherwise offered no support. (The lead FA also pulled down his own mask when speaking with a passenger during the taxi-out, so I'm leaving open the possibility that this crew is an anomaly.) My sense is that despite their Safety Dance talk, Alaska isn't walking the walk. And I'm agonizing over what to do with my upcoming/return AS travel.

For the record, the current policy reads: "While guests are allowed to temporarily remove their masks when briefly drinking or eating or when taking medication, masks must otherwise be worn at all times, including between sips of beverages or bites of food." (And, to be clear, I'm looking forward to a world where we can again breathe with strangers in moderate safety. But we're not there yet.)

Previous thread from September; I'm not seeing anything more recent, hence the question.
Honestly, since this is a safety issue, I would give feedbacj to AS Customer Service with the date and flight number. The managers will follow up with these cabin crew members, if AS is serious about their safety protocol.

And, if a specific drew does a particularly good job of enforcing safety mandate, I would also send a note to customer service!