FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:24 am
drewguy

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Often1
Fraudsters are not going to be deterred by printed rules.

If there were an acknowledgement box to be cleared every time someone logs on, there would be a 100 threads on FT ranting about that.
The goal isn't deterring fraudsters. The goal is providing clear, obvious notice and reminders to those who haven't waded through the rules to realize that you can't do this.

I realize that a good portion of the people coming here to complain about their account getting closed probably did know it was against the rules. But I also bet there are a fair number who don't. I"m not excusing not reading rules or "not knowing the law isn't a defense", but why not fully cover those situations with a simple reminder? It's not like there aren't 3-4 confirmations before you buy a ticket, with $$ or miles, anyway.

And to address the person who does buy a lot of miles tickets or upgrades for others - legitimately - UA could include a tick box that "don't show me this dialog again for 1 year".