FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:31 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Nobody really knows but I don't know what there is to "test". It's not a "new" meal service - just a return to meal service. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't just a roll out across the board - or at least on the longer flights. I'd been hearing that hot food was coming back - and never heard that it was only on Hawaii flights. To that, Alaska faces more competition providing a higher level of service on transcons than they do Hawaii flights. Had I any solid information earlier I would have come here to post but this is the first I've heard of these new meals. If I hear of anything new to report I'll let you all know if I'm able.
Always appreciate the updates/perspective....the fact that this was the first you've heard of the new meals makes me wonder if the new meal information was pushed through to the app early--we know that the meal selection part of the app doesn't always function correctly (showing no meal when there is, etc.)....just a thought.