FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:26 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, I doubt trans cons will be getting any meal upgrades anytime soon but I do wish they would rotate out the sandwich every month or two....they seem pretty committed to making all the meal options (outside of the Hawaii test meals) cold so I wonder if they would ever consider a boxed salad like the ones they serve in the lounge? Would be a nice break from the sandwiches....
Nobody really knows but I don't know what there is to "test". It's not a "new" meal service - just a return to meal service. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't just a roll out across the board - or at least on the longer flights. I'd been hearing that hot food was coming back - and never heard that it was only on Hawaii flights. To that, Alaska faces more competition providing a higher level of service on transcons than they do Hawaii flights. Had I any solid information earlier I would have come here to post but this is the first I've heard of these new meals. If I hear of anything new to report I'll let you all know if I'm able.

Just wanted to add - Alaska hasn't been "committed to making meals cold". Nothing about what's going on indicates that. They cut way back to no meal service at all - then boxes, then cheese and fruit, then a choice, now hot meals. Each step has been an improvement over the previous offering. What AS did also do was bring back a food option in First Class before almost any other competitor - and still better options than most now. JetBlue has been doing a nicer service on their limited Mint flights but other than that, cold sandwiches, small cheese plates and boxes - and Alaska generally lead the way to get to this point.