FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)
Old Apr 1, 2021, 11:20 am
Robt760

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I wonder if, following the OneWorld integration, the liaison between CX and AS in the event of schedule changes and IRROPS will become more established. Historically, in the event of a minor schedule change with an AS award on CX you would be automatically re-accommodated, but in the event of a major change or cancellation, AS could work with CX to open up award inventory on the closest available scheduled flights. Following the pandemic, this seemed to be put on hold, and AS could only offer existing award inventory. I can understand why CX wouldn't want to devote huge resources and inventory to keep rescheduling award passengers that would ultimately likely cancel, but coming out of the pandemic I'd like to see a more customer friendly approach offered and know that you won't be completely SOL if your flight gets cancelled.
Point of Interest.....
In regards to “in the event of being rebooked while traveling” Alaska Airlines MVP and above will now get priority on the standby/waitlist for all One World flights.

This rarely discussed benefit comes in handy when your OW flight is cancelled or you need to change/they need to change your flight. You go ahead of all non-status passengers on the flight in question.

Example: Missed connecting flight to HND, after SFO to HKG on CX. You get put on a waitlist for next possible flight (ahead of non-OW psg) if not immediately confirmed for a seat on the next flight. If you don’t make it on that, it moves forward to the next. I presume you MAY also get considered for any other OW partner that flies that route (JAL for example)

The policy vaguely reads:
Priority on waitlists and when on standby1