FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to India - OCI with minor dependents on tourist visa
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:16 am
rsh913

Originally Posted by RunnerMan
Great forum! Looking forward to insights/advice on my situation:

1. Family of four - two US citizen adults with OCI and two minor dependent children (also US citizens) with 10-year multiple entry extended tourist visas (type "T", expiring 2023).
2. Travel planned from U.S. east coast to India (Mumbai) in mid-July 2021 via a direct flight.

From the Indian Bureau of Immigration website, it's clear that US citizens with OCI can travel to India subject to their defined operating procedure for quarantine. However, tourist visas are suspended and existing tourist visas are apparently not being honored for entry.

I was wondering if anyone had insights on how the tourist visa suspension would impact my specific case where both parents have OCI and only the minor dependents have a tourist visa. Should we rush to apply for the kids' OCI now, or is it possible to get their visas validated for travel? Anyone here with a similar situation or experience? FWIW, reason for travel is to visit immediate family, we do not have a justifiable emergency to obtain the exception visa. And my understanding is that the NY VFS center is not currently processing OCI applications at least through end of March.

TIA,
RunnerMan
Check (ii) c. Application on account of parents OCI is a valid reason for visa.

http://www.cgichicago.gov.in/pdf/COM...guidelines.pdf