FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice in Europe?
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:21 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar

Anyhow - looking to celebrate return of some sort of "normalcy" in a few months, and I've been looking through the Choice web site for some of my old favorites in Europe (London, Paris, Nice, etc.). They seem to have all pretty much disappeared. I barely recognized most of them, and there weren't many left. Has Choice abandoned Europe, or is this just ... something. Maybe I'm not doing it right.
What you're not doing right is coming to conclusions based on searching for hotels in Europe during a time when Europe is having a new big Covid surge, and in fact UK has just imposed a steep fine for anyone vacationing in the next few months:

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/b...june-2021.html

In case you're not aware, Europe's vaccination efforts have been going even more slowly than those in the US.

So it could be that these many of these hotels are just shut down (or taken over for official quarantining by the government) until all of this ends.

So it's hard to say right now which of those hotels may be permanently gone vs which may be just temporarily gone.