FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late August Charleston/Savannah Trip - Advice Needed
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:34 am
shimps1

Late August Charleston/Savannah Trip - Advice Needed

My wife, myself, and our daughter, who will be 2 at the time, are planning a trip to CHS/SAV area for a vacation for the three of us.

We arrive into CHS at 4pm on a Saturday and leave the following Friday, at 1245pm. Planning on 3 nights in Charleston, then three nights in Savannah, driving back to CHS Friday morning. This is completely up in the air, and we'd be open to other suggestions.

We're looking for advice on what to see/do, and especially where to eat. Unfortunately it seems this is just before oyster season starts, but I might be wrong there. We're in the Midwest, so we eat as much fresh seafood as we can when we're on the coasts.

Given my daughter's age, she's going to be more of a tag along, rather than the leader (like if we were going to DisneyWorld), but we do want to keep her from being bored.

Advice on hotels with pools (preferably zero depth) and beaches would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on burning a combination of Marriott and Hilton points. Location to attractions/restaurants, pool, and high end are all a plus. I do have TYP if there is a non-branded hotel worth staying at.

I am Hilton Diamond and Marriott Titanium, so elite recognition is a plus as well.

How would you plan out 6 nights in this area?

Last edited by shimps1; Mar 25, 2021 at 11:42 am