FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:30 pm
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Even this in ambiguous. It can be interpreted to state that, since a stay must be two or more nights to qualify for the promotion, a paid night with one or more redemption nights in the same reservation, it (the one paid night) will count towards the promotion.

So the real question is, what is "it"? Is it the one paid night or all the nights in the stay? It isn't clear.

James
I agree that this is certainly confusing. But to me its pretty clear that a 1 night points or certificate stay on its own reservation, even if consecutive to a paid stay would not count like I was told. But others were told the opposite, so just adds to the confusion.

A different poster here previously said this already, but in the past Marriott has clearly only honored paid nights with promotions. This FAQ threw a wrench into this promo. While I would like them to honor the promo on points nights as well because of this, I understand why it isn't happening automatically- they were probably meant to be excluded.

FWIW, Hyatt did honor award nights on their recent double nights promo (not as an exception, but they were part of the promo in the first place) so it wouldn't be so terrible if Marriott would as well.

Last edited by friedablass; Mar 14, 2021 at 11:25 pm