FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today .... I (we) have been eating ....
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:22 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over the winter I’d pick up meat on discount and pop it into the freezer. There’s been a good rotation - meat goes in, meat comes out - except for the sausages. I don’t enjoy cooking them and there’s usually something else I’d prefer eating. Anyway, I took a package from the never diminishing stock of sausages and made myself make something of them. I think they do better when cooked slowly than in a pressure cooker.

I cut up the sausages into bite size pieces, fried gently in oil in an earthenware pot, once browned, added shredded carrot and celery, fried them a bit more, added sliced zucchini, sauerkraut and garlic, cooked a little longer, then a drop of sherry, a can of tomatoes and some sweet potato pieces as well as seasoning (soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt - sausages already had pepper) and let it simmer on a very low heat, undisturbed with a lid on, for over an hour before dropping in some frozen spinach for the final 10 minutes of cooking time. No onions because I’d run out.
Rest of my family had it with rice, I had it without. Good use of non-primo Cumberland sausages, will do this again at some point, next time with onions!

This week’s subscription vegetable box arrives today.