Thread: 2021 Q2 Promo
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:04 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Having tried this (not for mattress running, but just for negotiating a lower rate for a longer stay), I find that it's difficult to get someone at in-person (/at the front desk) who's actually willing/able to deal with the request. So I can see the value in being able to go directly "to the source" (/the person who can make decisions on this kind of thing). Although I do think that maybe a phone call would be better than putting it in writing (one of the very few situations in which I don't recommend people to "get it in writing" . Followed up by an email, of course, but just recapping the agreed terms rather than the motivation for doing it if you're trying to mattress run.
The way to generate a response is to get the GM's attention and ask the GM to put you in touch with whomever does property-specific contracts for conferences and negotiated rates. That would probably turn into contact with an in-person -- or maybe it's video calls nowadays -- meeting with the property's sale/reservations/revenue manager and then discussing and negotiating.

Playing up that it's a mattress run is probably not the best idea ever.