FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Elite SUV
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:18 pm
Pathfinder813

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kxc262
No heated seats on those for vehicles for some reason...but it has a heated steering wheel??

Agreed with what you are saying.
Yeah, it's been hit or miss if they had heated seats but I had the cars mostly over the summer. I personally like the Velar because of the styling. I think they're nice cars but in terms of renting from National, the Ford Explorer Limited has everything I need in a rental: heated/vented seats, heated steering wheel for winter, adaptive cruise control with lane keeping (really useful in stop and go traffic actually), and Android Auto.

If we're talking Luxury Elite SUVs though, I'd say the Discovery I had was really well equipped with heated seats and steering wheel. For the most part, the Velars have heated seats but they had a few where it didn't even have heated seats. I think LR/RR has changed the base model options for 2021 though so it could be moot.

I do have to say the new Audi Q7s are nicely equipped with the all digital dash. I've also seen the Mercedes GLE. None of these have adaptive cruise control that stays in the lane. If you want to impress people, going for these SUVs is the way to go but in terms of pure driving ease, the Explorer Limited is the way to go.