Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Elite SUV

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Luxury Elite SUV

Hi all, what would be considered a luxury elite SUV. The Land Rover they have a picture of? Would the Range Rover? I have done the exotics , but this time they are asking a significantly hire price. This is for MCO
Old Feb 21, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I’ve seen Q7’s at many locations. Never seen a Land Rover.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by aww3583
I’ve seen Q7’s at many locations. Never seen a Land Rover.
Q7 would be nice
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
There are definitely Land Rovers in the fleet. I've rented the Velar and RR Sport over the past year and have seen the Discovery multiple times on the lot.

Q7 and X7's are available as well.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:43 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Expect an Infinti QX80 (utter garbage) on a Luxury Elite reservation. By far the most common vehicle in the fleet with that classification.
Ordpc, m907 and xienon like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Expect an Infinti QX80 (utter garbage) on a Luxury Elite reservation. By far the most common vehicle in the fleet with that classification.
hate that truck with a passion. Anytime I get assigned that or the armada , I ask for a Tahoe or expedition
Ordpc and m907 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm in a nicely loaded Audi Q5 now - I believe it's a luxury elite car, and I am enjoying it for my long term rentals. I would question which dingbat ordered it with the roof rack which means every time I need to wash it, I have to go to a coin car wash and do it by hand, but I see most of the Q5s with roof racks.

Last edited by bocastephen; Feb 27, 2021 at 11:15 pm
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

I ended up with the brand new Tahoe. Originally they were giving me the Land Rover discovery, but personally I rather have a new Tahoe with only 5 miles on it.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by xienon
There are definitely Land Rovers in the fleet. I've rented the Velar and RR Sport over the past year and have seen the Discovery multiple times on the lot.

Q7 and X7's are available as well.
I have also rented the Velar and Discovery multiple times - they're usually more base models with the Discoverys usually equipped better. I've seen the RR Sport a few times but never got it. I've also seen THE Range Rover, but only once. Never seen the Evoque though so I think that's a good thing. Also in the same corporate family, the Jaguar F-Pace but it's usually a base model. None of these had the pilot assist type cruise control that keeps you in the lane and keeps up with traffic. I usually drive only in urban areas so that's not a factor for me though.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:59 pm

I'd agree with what has been shared above. A fun story from many years ago where I once ordered one with Emerald, and it was actually somewhere in Florida (a random city location) and was given a 12 person people van because they didn't have any other cars left.
Today, given many cars typically based at airports have been moved to city locations as there has been a change in where the demand is, if you are super concerned about what you want then try and call ahead. I have always found National to be accommodating after that experience.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:01 am

I've rented the Evoque, Velar, and Range Rover Sport through National. They were all very disappointing tbh, can't believe people enjoy driving them in their personal lives. I'd rather drive a Jeep GC Limited or Ford Edge Limited any day.
xienon, kxc262 and m907 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I've rented the Evoque, Velar, and Range Rover Sport through National. They were all very disappointing tbh, can't believe people enjoy driving them in their personal lives. I'd rather drive a Jeep GC Limited or Ford Edge Limited any day.
No heated seats on those for vehicles for some reason...but it has a heated steering wheel??

Agreed with what you are saying.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
For sure the Evoque and Velar are just mediocre cars for people who want to show off the badge. The RR sport I actually see the merits of because the air suspension gives it such a nice ride and the tall seating position makes you feel like king of the road.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kxc262
No heated seats on those for vehicles for some reason...but it has a heated steering wheel??

Agreed with what you are saying.
Yeah, it's been hit or miss if they had heated seats but I had the cars mostly over the summer. I personally like the Velar because of the styling. I think they're nice cars but in terms of renting from National, the Ford Explorer Limited has everything I need in a rental: heated/vented seats, heated steering wheel for winter, adaptive cruise control with lane keeping (really useful in stop and go traffic actually), and Android Auto.

If we're talking Luxury Elite SUVs though, I'd say the Discovery I had was really well equipped with heated seats and steering wheel. For the most part, the Velars have heated seats but they had a few where it didn't even have heated seats. I think LR/RR has changed the base model options for 2021 though so it could be moot.

I do have to say the new Audi Q7s are nicely equipped with the all digital dash. I've also seen the Mercedes GLE. None of these have adaptive cruise control that stays in the lane. If you want to impress people, going for these SUVs is the way to go but in terms of pure driving ease, the Explorer Limited is the way to go.
kxc262 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Originally Posted by scott56
hate that truck with a passion. Anytime I get assigned that or the armada , I ask for a Tahoe or expedition
Never tried QX80. Curious what's there to hate?

I did try Armada once, hated it. I was expecting a smooth ride. Turned out really rough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.