FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will travel feel "normal" to you again?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:17 am
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by i0wnj00
Well, I just got my first vaccination and waiting for the second one, but I'm worried how I'm supposed to prove I was vaccinated, other than using white and yellow cards as proof of vaccination. Or will this be even an issue or matter if I have to still do mandatory pre-covid-19 testing and/or quarantines?

The only thing I don't have to worry about is severe complications or death from covid 19, which I don't want to find out regardless.
Well, not so true, because if you get one of the variants you could be toast. So, basically you'll need a third booster shot. Moderna has already developed one for the south african variant, but it's only in phase 1 of clinical trials. I don't see how vaccination certificates would even work right now since none of them fully protect against the variants. It's like not having the vaccination. In the end, there will be just ONE vaccination that actually works better than them all, and it will still need annual reformulations as the virus mutates like the flu.