FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Standby Benefits Real Life Questions - Post COVID
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:58 pm
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Bump the thread the night before and we’ll try to check EF for the afternoon flights. It has its flaws but it’s better than nothing.
Bumping as per above, but when I go into my flight on the app, it says there aren't any options available, for either standby or confirmed. So this may be a moot bump...
So as to not make it a useless bump, I got upgraded to 1st Class and I also burned 1 sticker for the boyfriend... we're likely going to Vegas for 10 days. He has a tendency to overpack. Do we now get a SECOND checked bag for free on top of the 1st one which comes by way of being gold? Or is that only for PAID first class versus upgraded?

I don't think I've ever flown 1st to Vegas or asked this question, the flight is so quick. Do they have Mimosas on a one hour Vegas flight at 7 in the morning? It's a birthday trip so I gotta do any tiny special thing I can... the boyfriend is going to be like this is first class? This is nothing. And he wouldn't be wrong given that its pandemic time and such a short haul.