FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EXPLT members: is the lack of getting 2021 SWU challenging you?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:24 pm
Muckus

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Yep. Surprised they’re not taking action to better retain elites. Can only speak for myself, but the elite level requirements for 2021 aren’t reasonably achievable for me, so I’m not even bothering this year to try to make them. As a result, I’m not bothering to purchase revenue tickets on AA anymore. Reducing requirements by only 20%, when business travel isn’t coming back anytime soon, most high yield international markets aren’t open for leisure or work travel, and fares themselves are low (therefore, the high EXP EQD are a joke), means that I’m not going to chase AA status until the requirements are more realistic. Unlike Hyatt, which reasonably set 2021 hurdles at 50% of usual levels, for incremental elites (ie, ones who aren’t captive to AA, either due to where they live or because of corporate contracts) why even bother pursuing AA high level elite this year?
+1