FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:49 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Has there been any news on what the new non-saver award classes are for after 3/31? We know that:
E - First Saver
T - Coach Saver
Z is now Y

Other than the above we're not sure about the status of D,A,U,V,N classes and what they now change to, if anything, thanks.
Z class was a fully refundable Main Cabin award and was also an eligible fare for immediate upgrade into F with U availability. Without U availability, you would be moved directly to the upgrade list rather than the upgrade request queue for your status.

I have only looked at a few fare rules but what I did see was referencing Y & Y/N (revenue & award respectively) as refundable. I believe N will be the fare class for refunable Main Cabin awards which has replaced fare class Z. Interestingly, though, N class was a dynamic Main Cabin award between W & Z and pricing was tied to availability in the underlying revenue buckets R, T, G, K....... with the miles required for the award increasing as the lower revenue fare buckets filled.

I will be flying a lot this coming week so will have time to dig deeper.

James