FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero Hawaii (LAX-LIH) awards in Apr, May, June, July
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:16 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by eethan
The reason I'm searching for Saver class availability is because the LAX-LIH ticket will replace a partner award ticket that my parents partially traveled. Partner awards can only be combined with AS so I don't think I can book AA awards..
Correct.

Given that now we have "the rest of the story" (in bold) the advice can hopefully be more helpful.

You're correct that AS isn't making F available on LAX-LIH. You can use the AS website to screen out AA availability, as well as anything other than the nonstop. I'm not sure why you think you can only find what you're looking for on Expertflyer, the website can be used to just show only the availability you want (nonstop LAX-LIH, Alaska only). Note that AS isn't doing daily flights for LAX-LIH, so "midweek" really means "Wednesday". Pick your dates, call into AS and make changes, then I guess wait for saver F (That probably IS an Expertflyer thing to camp out and watch inventory; I'm not sure they'll ever open it though. My experience is a lot of the time AS never opens award F on a route; they'd rather sell cash tickets and upgrade elites into U, and they will open that instead.)

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Feb 27, 2021 at 2:28 pm