FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:54 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
The statement I received previously was that for previously aforementioned eligible tickets would be eligible for their original CoS bonus, but the traveler would need to contact customer care to have it manually posted. Eligible tickets were classified as being purchased prior to the announcement and for travel after the changes beginning on 3/31.

I would presume having it manually done addresses an IT issue of segmenting tickets and assigning two different CoS bonus values.

So, once 3/30 hits feel free to contact AS CC. If anyone has trouble at that point feel free to let me know.

edit: Given that the FC seating page still promotes 75% CoS bonus for FC tickets, (IMO) one would have a reasonable case to request the correction and might be able to ask CC to receive the CoS bonus for flights purchased post-announcement, but that was not addressed when I originally contacted AS.
I have a previously purchased F ticket that I'll have to try this on - outbound is before March 30, return is on March 31. They changed the flight schedule after the announcement and put me on non-preferred flights, so I changed the times, but didn't move the return from one side of the change to the other - return has always been for 3/31.

Originally Posted by simonsuo
backend processing is happening for a few hours now for all of my future reservations

Reservation temporarily inaccessible

We are currently unable to display your reservation as we transition our systems to oneworld. If you are flying in the next 24 hours, please contact us. Otherwise, please check back in a few hours.
I just went in to look into changing a flight that they changed on me to see if I would need to call in to change to better times or could do it online and I got the same thing.