FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
This one caught me off guard. I had a flight for December booked in I @ $549. I happened to check and it was not $479. Unfortunately, one thing that one cannot do when using the Change option is to change to the same flight, same cabin at lower fare. So, one must put the flight at risk by cancelling, having the funds go to Wallet and then use to buy the new fare (if enough in Wallet I guess one could just book the new one as a dupe, then cancel the old, but I did not).

So, cancelled, then went to book and, suddenly, the flight is $1099! Today it's down to $679, showing in 'C'. Well, I know that AS does not have 'C', so I did a search and found out that the OW harmonization is today. I got caught afoul of this at the wrong moment., I figure that they will release some I when the dust settles.

Edit: Faster than settled dust. I became available @ $379. Now I have to see what I earns on AA, but I'm fearing 20% EQD.

The AA chart for earning on AS has, of course, not yet been updated.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Feb 24, 2021 at 4:06 pm