FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Q2 Promo
Thread: 2021 Q2 Promo
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:49 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Every promo is going to leave someone disappointed, but this one is still historically generous. Something like 2750 points (~$40 at 1.5cpp) per night if you stay exactly 10 nights over the promo period isn’t shabby. That assumes you redeem the free night at cat4.
Generous in what way?

The promo runs for 106 days (3/15-6/15) if a guest stays 10 days in March at a Category 3 property (let’s split the difference as some will stay at Cat 1&2 others 3-7) they spend 120,000 points and get 10,000 (or 12,500 with the WOH CC) back plus a Cat1- Free Night Certificate which a lot of people already have 2-5 of them on hand.

After those initial 10 nights there’s no more incentive to stay for the rest or March, April, May and half of June.

Note - I chose Award bookings because many will be forced to do Award bookings due to Hyatt no longer offering Globalists Complimentary Parking on paid stays so $30-$50+ can add up daily.

Also, you say every promo leaves someone out the current running promo leaves no one out as far as I can see it’s covered literally all the bases (Points Stays, Paid Stays, Double EQN, Rollover Nights from Q4, Complimentary Parking for All on Award Stays and Complimentary Parking for Globalists on Paid Stays).

While I believe the current offers are over-generous I do believe this one is not quite enough. I’m hoping Hyatt opts to a part 2 of the promo maybe mid-March offering at least double points on paid stays and Complimentary Parking for Globalists on paid stays.