FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing 50% Avios Flights
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:53 am
joecooljoe

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
Just wanted to flag my experience here.

Booked 12th November in Y 50% off LGW-POS for 18th June
We now cannot go 18th June (having a baby). Flight hadn't been cancelled yet but in MMB I was able to move to any other offpeak date for free (and there was a small credit of t&f) and moved to 15th-27th April, which has now been cancelled
Disruption recovery online wasn't letting me rebook anything (no availability) so called. Was advised any change within 14 days ok but outside of this needed Avios availability. I know a few people saying this incorrect but the dates I wanted in August were available for Avios anyhow so just moved to that - believe this is a peak date now. Confirmed with agent that normal cancellation rules apply so I could get avios + taxes - 35GBP per person back if decide not to go in August (and it's operating).

MMB is showing old style and a POUG to WTP which I would take (290GBP return) but it keeps failing on ticketing (after credit card details). Called and they denied all aspects of the offer. Gave up trying to give them more $...