FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Mileage Accrual | Bought on DL but flew on KE metal
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:16 am
mfong

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
No Mileage Accrual | Bought on DL but flew on KE metal

I usually fly on DL Metal from ICN -> DTW -> BOS, but this time I wanted to try out KE. So this time I bought a B fare and used my GUC to get upgraded to KE’s Prestige Class. The flight was on Feb 5th and just yesterday my account activity says my most recent flight is 0 MQM, 0 MQD, Reason Code: N
N - This reason code means that this segment status is:

Activity is not eligible for mileage credit

I’ve called Delta and I gave them my original ticket number where it was a B fare prior to using my GUC. The DL employee said she submitted my ticket information to mileage credit department and now I’m at the mercy of their decision. Which to me, if I think about it logically, I bought a DL ticket and it should be ok... right?

Has anybody had experiences like this? Did you eventually get your mileage? I’m not so much concerned about my MQM’s, but more so with my MQD’s since that’s the hardest requirement for me to meet all the time. I had a $1900 ticket one way where I would love to apply to my account. I have never had a problem if I fly on KLM.

KE’s direct flight is a huge convenience for me because I get home on my couch by 10:30am vs 4:00pm if I fly on DL metal.

Thank you for reading. Looking forward to any responses.