FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum vs Titanium Status
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:50 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Platinum is the sweet spot and worth going for. Just get 30 nights from holding 2 credit cards. Stay only 20.

Titanium is nice and might have incremental benefits but I would never recommend doing a mattress run to achieve. Maybe 1-2 night mattress run so you can get a free night and higher points earning.

The material differences between platinum, Titanium and Ambassador are negligible.

I'd recommend 30 nights from credit card, 20 from stays and then switch to a different program when the properties are cheaper or better and stay at Marriott as needed if it is the better option. But mattress runs for Titanium aren't worth it
What's the point of doing Platinum if you only stay 20 nights, but then switch to a different program where you will also presumably have to chase status? Except the OP already appears to suggest that Titanium might be a stretch - i.e. 25 nights wouldn't be easy from regular travel patterns - so you wouldn't earn status organically elsewhere.

For the OP, NO there isn't any substantial benefit to Titanium above Platinum. The free night at 75 nights and some bonus points in 2022.