FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:00 am
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Has there been any chatter about when/if/how AC will deal with displaying mixed cabin rewards? It's so frustrating to see business class rewards that are actually only 7% or 13% in business class with the great majority in economy.
This is working as AC intends. The short version is, they've added a feature that turns the "mixed cabin" label red if the mix is below a certain threshold, but they've also offered the option for "business flexible" awards that usually cost ~10-20% more, but bump all the AC-metal flights into Business.

As an example, search YVR-MLE on March 1st. In the top 3 options, you'll see YVR-DEL-AUH-MLE and YVR-FRA-AUH-MLE, both of which show as Mixed Cabin rewards, but if you click on each one, you'll see that the DEL routing goes to 100% business if you choose "business flexible" while the FRA routing doesn't, because the mixed-cabin portion on the DEL routing is operated by AC, but on the FRA routing it's operated by EY.

If you want to get into more detail, read on: A deep dive on mixed-cabin awards with Mark Nasr

Originally Posted by jasdou
It would be great to have a filter in which you could set a threshold, i.e. only display itineraries with >75% in premium cabin.
I had the opportunity to ask about that, and the reason we probably won't be seeing that feature is that they are instead offering the option I described above. It's not a hard no, just a "not right now".