FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $700+ spent on room upgrade, no base points
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:29 pm
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
The situation is this, I've used 2 free night certificate awards for a stay and 2 nights. I've used the APP for a paid upgrade of my room to a Suite that cost a total of $700. Do keep in mind I'm new to Hyatt so maybe this is obvious to you, but this doesn't really make sense to me. To me any money spent for accommodation should be base-points eligible. But I've checked my account and have gotten zero points. Called (escalated to manager) and was flatly told that any "Free Stays" will earn "no points" and it doesn't matter if you pay more on top of the free stays to upgrade the room, all free night stays = absolutely no points. She told me in the future I should remember that only revenue stays' or points-stays' cash upgrade are eligible for points, but never certificate stays. Ok............

Sorry, but this policy really stinks and highway robbery in my opinion. I've spent $700+ for the room, yes it's based on a Free night certificate stay, but money spent is money spent. What's the difference between spending $700+ on the different bookings?
Does your folio show the $700?