FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn does not enforce mask-wearing
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:39 am
MissJ

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I guess I look at things differently. I never expect another human being on this planet to help save my life or prevent me from getting sick. I just do everything under my power to personally protect myself. I wear professional ppe, respirators, goggles etc. Have been since last February.
Unfortunately, a lot of people are extremely selfish and we have to protect ourselves. I had to stay in a hotel twice in the past couple of months not for travel but because of a home sale. I did my check in online, did not go to the lobby for any reason whatsoever, and only use the stairs no elevator. there is no way the front desk staff can regulate what people are doing in hallways far from them and honestly a lot of people just don't care about others. I would definitely report staff not wearing their masks correctly, that is just ridiculous if they are working but it's a lot of effort and a lot of conflict to try to regulate what people staying there are doing.

And I haven't seen a single other person on this planet that I'm related to other than my mother in the last year so there's that. You can always just stay home. I know it sucks.