FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diners Club UK closing personal cards
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:31 am
justinghaynes

Programs: Miles & More
So it seems that Affiniture Cards (DC UK franchisee) are once again closing Personal Charge Cards (Miles & More) here in the UK. Had a letter today to say accounts would be closed, with card use suspended in two months.

Probably one of the biggest factor being COVID-19 affecting spending in general and travel. I think that they should have given a lesser rate of earning when using the MasterCard, to encourage members to use their Diners Club card. As the earning rate was the same, I imagine that most people just carried the MC, not bothering to use the DC, which must have affected their revenue from merchant fees to some degree.

I noticed also they are not taking applications for the Business Charge Card either. Maybe they are considering giving up the franchise here in the UK. I would have thought that as you now get a companion MasterCard it should have acceptance everywhere.

I would imagine that many people are put off by the £79 annual fee; there aren’t really many reasons to justify it, very few perks.

Oh well, have to wait and see what happens in the future with DC here in the UK.

Miles & More points/miles are perfectly safe (until 31.12.21) and their website encourages members to register their interest for a future Visa card.

Last edited by justinghaynes; Feb 14, 2021 at 2:40 pm