FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1+ Year Anniversary of Not Flying United
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:59 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
1+ Year Anniversary of Not Flying United

I see a lot of posts on my Facebook timeline of friends posting pictures from last year as they boarded their last flights around this time. I went from boarding a flight as a Global Services member to disappearing for a year.

When I went through and canceled my 2020 travels, UA was very understanding and accomodating. This year, I got a few emails from UA making sure I'm still good and I got a call from UA to see when I think I'll fly again: before June, June-December, or not sure. They've still been understanding, with a general "we'll be here when you can fly." And even if I wanted to fly, there's so many restrictions up that it'd be difficult to hop around as I did.

On my last flights in January, it was a bit jarring to see a random passenger wear a face mask. And on one of my last flights, I remember a masked passenger bringing a tub of Lysol wipes on a UA EWR-IAH flight to wipe down the seat, window, arm rest, and lights/air controls before sitting down.

Since then, I've known of several UA employees, all EWR based, that have died from COVID. And I haven't been to an airport since.

Are you at/approaching your anniversary of not flying UA for a year ...and if so, did UA reach out to you to check-in and see when you plan to return to the air?