FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Right Said Fred on BA
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
Of course it is. One of the biggest weaknesses we've shown throughout this whole crisis is the lack of checking at borders.

Both tweets by BA and Heathrow condoning his lack of mask wearing are appalling.

Right Said Fred has been a Covid denier throughout this, attending anti-lockdown rallies and constantly refusing to wear a mask (he's not exempt). These tweets show both BA and Heathrow's casual approach to enforcing the rules.
I think you slightly misunderstood my post.

The "Aviation Analyst" pretends to be, as the name suggests, an expert in the industry, somebody who knows about it and has insight into it. It's been a pet peeve of me for ages but he is nothing of the sort. If you compare his "insight" with people like Robert Boyle's, it's a bit like comparing my running exploits with the ones of Eliud Kipchoge.

Having said all this, my OH as crew is in a constant pickle with mask enforcement onboard. Their rules are that if someone claims to be exempt they are to be left alone. I'm told that this was confirmed by BA, the authorities and Mixed Fleet United as a colleague of hers has been assaulted by a non-masker passenger who took very badly the request to wear a mask...

I mean, we live in a country where the same gov.uk advice is that if police stops you to check if your trip is legal you have the right not to respond... What are cabin crews and pilots and ground staff to do?