Old Feb 4, 21, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Silver
Right Said Fred on BA

Oh dear
Old Feb 4, 21, 6:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
He's exempt! He wasn't bragging. This is a non story.
HIDDY, Mike P, skipness1E and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 21, 7:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
No insight into the situation or those involved. Just an insatiable urge to make dad jokes whenever possible as I can’t meet with my friends....

Too sexy for his mask?
Old Feb 4, 21, 8:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Macheras the Perm again, a self proclaimed aviation expert, a legend in his mum's house with no industry creds organising a social media pile in.
I would give the chap the benefit of the doubt on exemption, is that too much to ask?
aidy likes this.
Old Feb 4, 21, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
He's exempt! He wasn't bragging. This is a non story.
Looking at his (RSF) Twatter feed he is a grade A class 1 twit.

Spike
Old Feb 4, 21, 10:30 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
This post and others would make me support a 100% mask policy on BA, as the US 3 have done.

No mask? No flight.
Old Feb 4, 21, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Spire
Sounds a bit of a DYKIAE to me....
umgowah, Cathay1101, Ldnn1 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I, for one, would welcome if BA mirrored AA’s policy on mask-wearing exemption as per Newsroom - American Airlines Aligns Existing Mask Requirements with US Government Mandate - American Airlines Group, Inc.

In my experience, a lot of UK residents claim exemption. The UK government should have been much firmer from the get-go as to who truly qualifies for an exemption.
Old Feb 5, 21, 2:32 am

Leaving aside Right Said Fred and his mask attitude... Is this the quality of the analysis from the so-called Aviation Analyst?
Old Feb 5, 21, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
For once I agree with Alex Macheras.

Isn't it amazing how people who are anti-lockdown and anti-mask just happen to be exempt from wearing a mask as well. Really strange.

I maintain my opinion that if your respiratory function is so poor that you can't tolerate wearing a thin piece of fabric over your face, you probably shouldn't be flying at all, let alone where a potentially fatal respiratory pathogen is doing the rounds.

Incredibly tone deaf responses from Heathrow and BA too.
Old Feb 5, 21, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by 13901 View Post
Leaving aside Right Said Fred and his mask attitude... Is this the quality of the analysis from the so-called Aviation Analyst?
Of course it is. One of the biggest weaknesses we've shown throughout this whole crisis is the lack of checking at borders.

Both tweets by BA and Heathrow condoning his lack of mask wearing are appalling.

Right Said Fred has been a Covid denier throughout this, attending anti-lockdown rallies and constantly refusing to wear a mask (he's not exempt). These tweets show both BA and Heathrow's casual approach to enforcing the rules.
Old Feb 5, 21, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post
Of course it is. One of the biggest weaknesses we've shown throughout this whole crisis is the lack of checking at borders.

Both tweets by BA and Heathrow condoning his lack of mask wearing are appalling.

Right Said Fred has been a Covid denier throughout this, attending anti-lockdown rallies and constantly refusing to wear a mask (he's not exempt). These tweets show both BA and Heathrow's casual approach to enforcing the rules.
I think you slightly misunderstood my post.

The "Aviation Analyst" pretends to be, as the name suggests, an expert in the industry, somebody who knows about it and has insight into it. It's been a pet peeve of me for ages but he is nothing of the sort. If you compare his "insight" with people like Robert Boyle's, it's a bit like comparing my running exploits with the ones of Eliud Kipchoge.

Having said all this, my OH as crew is in a constant pickle with mask enforcement onboard. Their rules are that if someone claims to be exempt they are to be left alone. I'm told that this was confirmed by BA, the authorities and Mixed Fleet United as a colleague of hers has been assaulted by a non-masker passenger who took very badly the request to wear a mask...

I mean, we live in a country where the same gov.uk advice is that if police stops you to check if your trip is legal you have the right not to respond... What are cabin crews and pilots and ground staff to do?
Old Feb 5, 21, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer View Post
No insight into the situation or those involved. Just an insatiable urge to make dad jokes whenever possible as I can’t meet with my friends....

Too sexy for his mask?
Be careful what you wish for, that will be the 2021 charity remix.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 4:56 am

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Vgravity View Post
Right Said Fred is a band name, not the person name. The person who was involved is Fred Fairbrass. There were no other band members on that time with him without masks to call it Right Said Fred.
Old Feb 5, 21, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I must be getting old, I thought Right said Fred was a song about shifting an undisclosed heavy object without due regard to health and safety considerations.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: