FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX in Finland - general discussion
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:48 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by YClass
I didn't know Finland had Centurion... is that a new thing and any idea what are the benefits/requirements? Used to only be Sweden in the Nordics that had Centurion....
My personal assumption is that it has been around as long as in Sweden, since both markets (as well as Norway) are handled by the same regional unit of American Express. In the Nordics, personal/retail AMEX is present in three markets. Not exactly sure why they don't do personal cards in Denmark (only corporate cards).

The Centurion card fees are pretty standard throughout the EU. I don't know about France or the other large countries, but the German advantages have been presented here pretty well. Also I've picked up elsewhere details about the Netherlands. The UK is apparently slightly different and more expensive.

The Centurion benefits are very standard for being a Europe-issued Centurion. Nothing fancy. From a Nordic perspective, Radisson is probably the most useful status for regional stays, but the status (Gold) is equal to Platinum. Thus, there's not any regional advantage over the Platinum card in terms of frequent traveller status. The regional differentiator is the ability to book the AMEX VIP boxes at certain event/sports venues. And like the LAX benefit, it's not free. So no, you can't sneak free of charge to see a KHL match (K as in Kontinental) or some numpty with a mic sing. The Pontus In The Air at ARN isn't exclusive to Nordic cardholders, so the Centurion area and menu would be at your disposal.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Feb 10, 2021 at 1:39 pm