FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 2021 a write-off as far as international travel is concerned?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
Mrs Hotcat works for the Singapore government health ministry and the view there is that a UK vaccination with a gap between the 2 jabs that's longer than 21 days is 'not valid', and won't be accepted as being vaccinated at all for purposes of entry here.
This is an interesting point. I was speaking with my Icelandic colleagues a couple of days ago and, in passing, mentioned that I'd love to return to Iceland if travel allows. They mentioned that, because of the long interval between jabs that only the UK has implemented, the vaccines aren't considered as being delivered "properly" and therefore wouldn't be allowed as reason to skip the quarantine. I don't know what truth is in there, I haven't checked yet (I'm third-to-last in the vaccination queue...) but if it's correct that would be a bit of a spanner in the works.

EDIT: It appears to be true, from the Icelandic Directorate of Health:

Certificates from the the World Health Organization (WHO) will also be accepted once WHO has authorized their use for COVID-19 vaccinations and set criteria for which vaccines can be listed in their certificate. Presently, COVID-19 vaccinations registered in the the International Certificate of Vaccination (the Carte Jaune or Yellow Card) cannot be accepted as such registration is not done according to WHO instructions.

[...]

A vaccine certificate is required to include the following:Vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency: (Name of vaccine, authorization holder/manufacturer; number and interval between doses for vaccination to be complete)
  • Comirnaty; Pfizer-BioNTech; 2 doses with 19 - 42 days apart
  • COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna; Moderna Biotech Spain; 2 doses at least 28 days apart
https://www.landlaeknir.is/um-embaet...-at-the-border