FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your favorite Goldbelly finds
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:01 pm
PresRDC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've probably ordered from Goldbelly over 50 times since COVID hit. It's been a culinary lifeline for me now that I live in the Midwest. Some hits and some misses, but overall I'm happy with it, even though it is very expensive.

Hits:
  • Bagels from Utopia Bagel (Queens NYC): bagels just suck where I now live, so these are a welcome treat. They are overnighted and reasonably fresh:
  • Norwegian Smoked Salmon from Sables (Manhattan NYC): among the best we've ever had;
  • Quiche from Mrs. London's Bakery (Saratoga Springs NY): we get a combo of 3 ham and bacon and 3 spinach and gruyere;
  • Burger patties from Pat LaFrieda Meats (NJ): excellent burger blend that I enjoy cooking on my outdoor flat top);
  • Pastrami from Langers Deli (Los Angeles): really liked this; and
  • Biscuits from Callie's Charleston Biscuits (Charleston SC): biscuits are small but delicious.
Misses:
  • Muffulettas from Central Grocery (New Orleans): bread was stale; and
  • Beef on Weck and Mint Ice Cream Cake from Anderson's Frozen Custard (Buffalo NY): meat was nowhere near as rare as depicted and cake was so heavy it made us sick.
I have Beef Pho form the Slanted Door in San Francisco on order, along with Pudding Jars from 4Rivers Smokehouse in Kissimmee FL. Looking forward to both.

They also have an awards program that let's you take up to $30 off an order. Used that several times.

I also have ordered several times from Wild Fork. Had an amazing Bistecta Fiorentina last week.